May 29, 2013 :
Although sightseeing is fun, it can also be expensive! However, Edinburgh has plenty of things to see and do if you are on a budget. Whether you are into museums, or more of an outdoorsy person, this city’s got it all. Museums The Writer’s Museum cel ...
Please note that we do not have a 24 hours reception however the guesthouse has 24 hour access via a front door key. In the event of losing the key or leaving the key in your room you will be charged £100 call out fee to be let into the building after hours.
1. All reservations must be paid in full on arrival.
2. The Glenora is a guesthouse and the reception desk is not manned 24 hours per day. Guests should advise the Glenora of their arrival time in advance. If there is a change to the agreed arrival time, guests should advise us by email with the new arrival time. The Glenora closes for arrivals at 9pm (7pm Sundays) but arrangements can be made for keys to be uplifted by guests arriving after 9pm.
3. The Glenora does not provide parking for guests. However, there is free on street parking available between 18.30 – 08.30 Monday – Saturday and all day on Sunday. There is also a NCP car park in Morrison Street, five walking minutes away.
4. Smoking is not allowed in the Glenora. We reserve the right to impose a cleaning fee of up to £100 on any guest who smokes in the building.
5. On making a booking, a guest is deemed to agree to indemnify the Glenora against any losses suffered by the Glenora as a result of damage done to the guesthouse or its contents by the guest or any member of the guest’s party. Loses include lost income, specialist cleaning services and the sourcing of alternative accommodation.
6. All room keys should be returned to the reception at checkout. If any room keys are not returned we reserve the right to charge £50 to cover the cost of obtaining replacement keys.
7. We reserve the right to take a deposit at the time of booking against damage.
8. We reserve the right to make a charge of £20 per guest to any guest who causes noise or other disturbance to other guests or the manager.
9. Check out is by 11.00am unless otherwise arranged. We are able to store luggage for guests on the day of arrival or departure, at the guests’ own risk.
10. All bookings are non transferrable after cancellation policy (please refer to cancellation policy) has passed and will not be transferred, re sold or refunded after this time.
11. Rates Quoted: We always try to ensure that all rates quoted by our staff, our online booking system or 3rd parties are accurate. However, in the event of a rate quotation error we reserve the right to advise you of the correct rate by email provided. You then have 48 hours to accept the rate modification or cancel your booking at no charge. If we have not heard back from you within 48 hours we will consider the booking cancelled at no charge by you.
12. Double Booking: We always try to maintain accurate room availability through our own website & that of 3rd party websites. If however we have caused a double booking we will cancel the last booking received within 25 hours with no compensation or alternative accommodation offered.
13. Outbookings: Like all accommodation providers there are odd instances beyond our control that we may have to relocate your booking. In this instance we will suggest accommodation at a similar rate, (not standard), that you can agree to or you can cancel your booking with us at no charge. We will pay the accommodation provider directly while you pay the confirmed room rate with us. We will also pay for transportation from our guest house to the alternative provider we have suggested. If you would like to find other accommodation yourself we will not pay for transportation between accommodation providers. This will complete the contract between The Glenora and you the booker.
The Glenora reserve the right to deduct sums due under these terms and conditions from any credit card the details of which the guest has given us.